LayerSlider Responsive WordPress Slider Plugin v6.0.0 is a premium multi-purpose slider for creating image galleries, content sliders, and mind-blowing slideshows with must-see effects, even from your WordPress posts and pages.
It uses cutting edge technologies to provide the smoothest experience that’s possible, and it comes with more than 200 preset 2D and 3D slide transitions. It has a beautiful and easy-to-use admin interface with supporting modern features like drag n’drop WYSIWYG slider builder, real-time previews, timeline view, Google Fonts and transition builder for custom animations.
It’s device friendly by supporting responsive mode, multiple layouts, touch gestures on mobile devices, and uses techniques like lazy load and conditional script loading for optimal performance. You can add any content into sliders, including images, text, custom HTML, YouTube and Vimeo videos or HTML5 self-hosted multimedia contents. It’s also SEO friendly by allowing you to build semantic markup with custom attributes that search engines can index easily.
LayerSlider comes with 13 built-in skins, and it has tons of options to entirely customize the appearance and behavior of your sliders at the smallest detail.
LayerSlider Responsive WordPress Slider Plugin v6.0.0 Changelog
- Faster, Better, PrettierBoth the admin interface and front-end sliders load faster and perform better. This release has numerous bug fixes and improvements. So much actually, that we can’t even write a complete list. The admin interface has also been redesigned a bit to provide familiar but much cleaner and easier controls.
- Reworked Responsive Mode, New Slider Layouts, Device Dependent LayoutsThe new responsive mode performs significantly better and in most cases it does not require any special configuration. LayerSlider now also have multiple new layout modes like full size, hero screne and full screen sliders. These will allow new use cases such as running slideshows on billboards. It’s also possible to make different layouts for different devices (phones, tables, desktop).
- New Transitions, Text Animations, Loop, Hover, Filters and a lot moreWe’ve added lots of new transition options, which greatly extends the capabilities of your slideshows. You can now create chainable multi-step animations enhanced with stylish text transitions and interactive hover animations. There’s also hidden surprises like the much requested Ken Burns effect, 3D parallax effect, and our new “play by scroll” feature. Oh, and don’t forget to try out filters, which can be used to apply blur, sepia, grayscale etc. effects to your layers among many other.
- Static LayersLayers can now enter and leave on any slide. You can easily build more complex animations where layers persist across multiple slides. Or just use it as an “always on top” feature.
- Undo and RedoWeb apps usually don’t have controls to undo unwanted/accidental changes. LayerSlider now has. And it’s even preserved for later use, whenever you need it.
- Multi-selection, Resize, Rulers + GuidesDo you ever wanted to move around multiple layers and once? LayerSlider 6 now supports multiple selection, which allows you altering groups of layers seamlessly. With rulers and keyboard shortcuts, you can now move/resize/etc your layers with precision. There’s also Guides and a snap to feature built in.
- Keyboard shortcuts & Popout EditorThe slider builder interface can now be controlled by keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts also introduces a lot of new features, like editing layers content right in the preview area or copying and pasting layers across slides and sliders. We’ve also introduced the Popout Editor, which transforms the layer options area into a floating window that can be resized and placed wherever you want. This makes it extremely easy to edit everything in one place, without the need to scroll up and down constantly.
- Image EditorWith the help of Adobe’s Creative SDK, LayerSlider 6 now has a built-in image editor. You can perform common tasks like resizing, cropping, rotating images, as well as photo retouching, adding frames, text, effects, stickers and a lot more. It’s like a mini-Photoshop.
- And a lot more …There’s way more new features and improvement that we can list here: scheduled sliders, retina-ready, serving dynamically scaled images to reduce data usage and speed up page loads on mobile devices, redesigned transition builder with import feature, continuous live previews, new interactive timeline, reworked multimedia layer support with custom video poster and controls, custom HTML attributes, drag ‘n’ drop image upload, smart links, copy & paste layer styles and transition settings, named slides, new slider/slide background settings, auto-fit zoom, align layers feature.
The number of new features almost never end, but this list must. 🙂
- The future of LayerSliderLayerSlider 6 is just the beginning of our awesome new ideas. One of the main goals was to completely rebuild the plugin architecture and modernize its core. This allows us to implement new features way more faster and improve upon existing functionality with an easily maintainable code base. Beyond the predictable feature updates like the complete overhaul of skins, dynamic contents, etc (which will arrive very soon); we already have an experimental offline slider editor and preliminary support for LayerSlider extensions. This later one will soon be available for anyone to extend the plugins capabilities.
- Backward compatibilityKeeping LayerSlider backward compatible is one of our top priorities. Your sliders should look and behave the same before the update. However, LayerSlider 6 has a lot of internal changes, and it’s possible you might need to adjust some settings in rare cases in order to perfectly match the v5 behavior.