- Name : Security Pro
- Version : 3.6.2
- Type : Security Plugin
- Price :
- Homepage : Salepage
THE BEST WORDPRESS SECURITY PLUGIN, BETTER WP SECURITY, IS NOW…
iThemes Security shows you a list of things to do to make your site more secure with a simple way to turn options on or off. We’ve simplified these steps and provided descriptions of each action so you know exactly what’s happening on your site. You shouldn’t have to be a security pro to use a security plugin. And isn’t that the point?
- Brute Force Protection : Limit the number of failed login attempts allowed per user. If someone is trying to guess your password, they’ll get locked out after a few tries. You can even whitelist your own IP, so you’re allowed more login attempts.
- File Change Detection: If someone manages to get into your site, they’ll probably add, remove or change a file. Get email alerts showing any file changes so you know if you’ve been hacked.
- 404 Detection: If a bot is scanning your site for vulnerabilities, it will generate a lot of 404 errors. iThemes Security will lock out that IP after the limit you set (20 errors in 5 minutes by default).
- Strong Password Enforcement: Set which level of users on your site (admins, editors, users, etc.) need to have strong passwords. This is one of the best ways to secure your site.
- Lock Out Bad Users: Keep bad users away from your site if they have too many failed login attempts, a lot of 404 errors or if they’re on a bot blacklist.
- Away Mode: Not making changes to your site 24 hours a day? Make the admin area inaccessible during specific hours so no one else can sneak in.
- Hide Login & Admin: You can change the URL of your login area and admin area so attackers won’t know where to look. This feature is also great to help clients remember their login link.
- Database Backups: Schedule database backups and have them emailed to you. Or you can get BackupBuddy to step up your backup game. Make complete backups and send them to off-site storage destinations.
- Email Notifications: Get email notifications when someone gets locked out after too many failed login attempts or when a file on your site has been changed.
- Dashboard Widget: Get a quick view of important security stats for your site and easily perform security actions like temporarily whitelisting your IP – without having to navigate to the plugin’s settings.
- Online File Comparisons: iThemes Security Pro compares changes made to any WordPress core file on your system with the version on WordPress.org to determine if the change was malicious.
- Geo-IP Banning: Getting a lot of spam or brute force attacks from a specific, obscure country? Block IP addresses by country with Geo-IP banning.